Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First Days in Spain

Hola everyone!

Right now, I am actually using a Spanish computer. It has all of these symbols and different key, so excuse all of my litte mistakes, but I wanted to tell you guys back home how Spain is going. The flight was good, but very very long. As soon as we got off the plane we grabbed our luggage, got on the bus, and went straight to none other than our second home, the pool. We swam and then headed to lunch by train. We were all soo tired and were falling asleep on the tables and on the train, so we all took a nap in the weight room after lunch. After swimming ANOTHER practice, we met our families and left our comfort zones.

My family speaks very little English, although today it is a lot better. After a fairly silent carride, we arrived at their flat, about a 15 minute drive from the pool. They showed me the house and then I was left to unpack until dinner. I cannot even tell you what I ate for dinner. Someone told me the name of it today, but I forgot. It looked like potatoes and tortillas. On the table also sat an oil and vingar salad, bread, and these toast things that had a purple looking topping on them. I was not planning on eating that, but when asked if I wanted one I felt bad and decided to try it haing NO idea what it was. (Tonight I believe we are having pizza!!). My parents and Mrs. Sieron are probably very proud. Since Sergio had told the parents we were very tired I headed to bed at 10:20 (we ate dinner at 9.30ish).

Today we headed to Barcelona and that was very hot, but very fun! We went to a Spanish Market and saw dead pigs that were smiling? Defintely did not understand that, but I guess in a Spanish Market that might be normal. We all got gelato (I happen to be living on top of a Gelato shop) and then headed out to walk around Barcelona some more.

After getting back from Barcelona, we practiced and now I am writing this. So I hope yall enjoyed reading this eventhough it is mostly about my family, atleast my parents will enjoy it. And my mom is probably going to be really mad at me, but I am not going to proof-read this because dinner is almost ready and I have to go. Spain is really giving me a great experience and I will try to write again!

MTA Casey

No comments: