Thursday, June 4, 2009

Post by Logan Heck - Family Fun

This has been a great experience for me. I have learned a lot about the Spanish culture and how they live life over here. The host family I am with is great. At first, it was a little awkward to be in a house with someone you don’t know and doesn’t know you. After the first day I was able to kick it off. The family is very friendly; they always think of the guests first then themselves. They also help out a lot. They always volunteer to help carrying my bags and to help me with Spanish words. They speak pretty good English so I don’t really have trouble communicating. They also offer to me to speak Spanish so I can practice the Spanish I know with them. The food is great. There is always enough to eat and it is usually always good. The family makes great dishes that so far I have enjoyed. I played Play Station with the little boy at my house (I won), he is pretty good though, but of course, I came out on top. The traffic is crazy, people drive like maniacs. The five second rule is not put into affect here, ride the bumper is what happens. It has been fun and I’m enjoying it.

No comments: