Friday, June 5, 2009

Somos Uno

We`ve been in Spain for about 5 days and I still el the rush of coming to Europe for the first time! Everyday I meet someone new or see something I`ve never seen before or learn something I didn`t know the previous day. So far this has been the most interesting and amazing experience of my life.
Today started out with a little bit of rain which scared me because of course I decided not to pack a rainjacket :P haha I was just planning on it not raining on me during our trip! But the rain stopped and we began our busride to the pool we`re swimming in this weekend. We did a meet warmup but the team had to split up because there isn´t organized warmup... so of course I end up in the lane with the Australian national team! (which was swimming the other direction(on the left side of the lane)) All if not most of the Bolles swimmers in that lane were freaking out! But who wouldn`t? We were swimming with Eamon Sullivan!! We couldn`t exactly figure out which one he was, but we knew he was there :) It was so cool to see all the world-famous swimmers there and of course all the cute boys! ;) I`ve seen famous swimmers at meets before but never so many in one place! I met a girl in the locker room from Germany.. she just happened to be 6`5``!!! She was very nice and I`m sure I`ll talk to her some more/ hopefully meet some more international swimmers!
We also went to the FCBarcelona stadium today... all I can say is it is HUGEEEEE!!! Lots of stairs and lots of seats!! And some more seats... And then some more!!!
My family has been amazing! My host family`s father works in France, so for the most part it`s been my mom, my sister Andrea, and my little brother, Joel! Joel is adorable! Strangely, I`ve bonded with him the most. It`s probably because we both have limited vocabulary and our conversations are very simple. My Spanish has gotten much better too! I took Spanish until the end of tenth grade but stopped, so I haven`t had practice in a while. But being forced to speak as much Spanish as I possibly can has really improved my speaking skills, which I am very excited about! The Mexicans on our team know what I`m talking about ;). On a food note-I`m a little scaredof some of the meat I`ve gotten on the trip, all of it has turned out to be very good!
I`m sure there is sooo much more that I`ve experienced but I can`t think of it right now.. especially with my Spanish mother cooking such a delicious-smelling dinner! (at eight o`clock). I miss everyone at home, but I am enjoying every second of this trip and I don`t want to leave mynew friends/new favorite continent :(. I can not wait for the meet tomorrow!! It`s going to be amaazzzzinnngggg!!!!
Mom, you`re still feeding the fish, right?? <3 Ă‘elle

1 comment:

glassere said...

We are glad to hear that you are having so much fun. Don't forget to come home to your real family!
Swimfastwwimhardnelledressel...
Lots of love, Mom, Daisy, & Harry