Monday, June 8, 2009

sun and gelato...nothin better

Hola Families in Jacksonville,

Today was probably one of the most fun days of our trip. We grabbed our bikinis and towels and headed to the beach! It was pretty cloudy, but somehow everyone seemed to get fried. Some girls and I were really hungry so we wanted to eat right away, but the place we chose didn´t open till 1, so we hung out on the beach with our lovely tan lines until then. As we were laying out, I am pretty sure that atleast 10 chinese ladies asked us if we would like a 5 euro massage, which Kendall almost said yes to, until we quickly told them we were not interested. Anyways, lunch was amazing, although rather pricy, totally worth it! Not to mention that it was American food. Ellie also found out the Caesar dressing is made with anchovies, I am not sure that she really enjoyed finding that out. After lunch, we headed out for some gelato/adventure. I am not sure if yall are aware, but some people in Spain walk around in the complete nude. I have nothing more to say on that issue. We ultimately found the best gelato plus about 100 more shops we saw on the way back. I was not really counting...but I am pretty sure I had 4 scoops of gelato today. Anyways, we then cut over a few blocks and found ourselves in an adorable part of Barcelona filled with resturants, surf shops, and cute houses. Eventually, we made it back to the beach in time to step into the Mediterranean Sea for the first time and take a picture of it! Today was filled with sun and gelato...whats better than that?

I cannot believe that our time is Spain is closing, I even started packing tonight! It has been an amazing experience and I look foward to having all of the Sabadell swimmers come to Jacksonville sometime!

But, tomorrow we are shopping till we drop, so parents be prepared.

See everyone very very soon
MTA
Casey

No comments: